Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Foray into blogging

As many reading this are probably aware, I will be spending the next school year in Paris, France as a student in the MA in Middle East and Islamic Studies program at the American University of Paris. I thought about updating folks via mass e-mails, but thought that keeping a blog would allow those who don’t wish to be on an e-mail list and yet are too kind to inform me of their indifference to my day-to-day happenings to check at their leisure or never visit this site (as opposed to the arduous task of ignoring an e-mail and not telling me about it). The more astute readers will have also noticed that the title of the blog which appears in what I see is called a “header” is “[TBA]”. I’ll figure out a title later, and am open to suggestions.

I fly out this Thursday, August 27th at 5:30PM from Dulles Airport, will arrive at Charles de Gaulle at 7:00AM on Friday morning, catch a taxi to our apartment on Avenue de Choisy, take a nap and go wandering before school orientation begins on Saturday.

Thank you for indulging my arrogance in believing that this blog may be read.

4 comments:

  1. Consider your arrogance affirmed. Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Tommy - hope you have a good time.

    as for a title I quite like [TBA] actually. Maybe you could have a tag line underneath it that says "getting an MA about the middle east in paris from americans"?

    I'll subscribe to your feed so i can stay instantly updated! Safe travels...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Title idea... Eric Creasman and Bob Carrico's new homepage.


    Book it.

    Miss ya bro, see you over NYE-ish

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good start! I'm a little jealous!

    ReplyDelete