Thursday, April 7, 2011

Announcement Number One

First off – I would like for all to know that one of the top reasons people visit this blog is because they are searching on google for a picture of gnome a l’escargot (gnome on a snail) and are directed to my post about my brother, sister, and my visit to the Louvre. Word has spread far and wide of my gnome-related knowledge and this blog’s prestigious place in the pantheon of Louvre-gnome-related resources is now documented.

That was not the big announcement.

The big announcement is that Abbey and I will be moving to Tallahassee, Florida this August. While I don’t think that the folks at FSU will take too kindly to my Hokie Snuggie® I am very excited to begin a PhD in Religion, Ethics, and Philosophy in their Dept. of Religion. After visiting FSU, learning more about the program as well as meeting students and faculty, Abbey and I believe that the REP track is the best for my career and opportunities abound for an extremely well-qualified French scholar. Additionally, we felt at ease in Tallahassee, realized that we know a lot of people who know a lot of people there, and look forward to spending the next few years there.



Look for upcoming posts detailing my thought process on studying religious ethics, a meathead/gym related post, as well as the other announcement regarding the future of [TBA].

No comments:

Post a Comment